|
taryn k.
| |
|
Profile
My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog. Layout: vehemencyEmail: here Twitter: here Bloglovin: here SHOP TARYN K: here Archives
Reads
15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible All That Exists For Me Autilia Buy Now, Blog Later Dania On The Street Fashion Toast Goss Makeup Artist HRH Collection Jessica.Hart/Blog Leflassh Lisa Eldridge Little Bits Of Lovely Llymlrs Mariannann ML 3.0 Natasha's Soiree The Oatmeal Pink Is The New Blog Raspberry Jam Sprinkle Of Glitter The Sartorialist Stylizimo Whitney Port Who What Wear Xsparkage Yellow Brick Home Zoella |
10 October 2010, 5:35 PM
Most people know Vanessa Hudgens from either High School Musical or because of those scandalous naked pictures. I like to disregard both these horrors of current pop culture and focus on her wardrobe. I don't know of any girls who rock both red-carpet glam and edgy boho casual quite like Vanessa.
Off Duty
Off duty, Vanessa seems to favour denim, rock'n'roll t-shirts, grandpa-cardis, over-sized handbags, scarves, gladiator sandals and boots of all description, usually sticking to a fairly neutral colour palette of black, white, grey and tan.
Love the cuffing on these three-quarter length cargo-style pants. Worn with heeled clogs, they elongate the leg, but the neutral colours keep the look casual.
Gorgeous autumn look, the Mui Mui bag and flesh-tone ballet flats are paired together to keep the look for being too grungy. The chunky knit cardi is just the right length to look unassumingly thrown on.
Love the purple scarf, gladiators and Balenciaga.
Probably my favourite casual look - love the belted Wildfox jeans and sheer singlet. The black cardi keeps the look demure.
On Duty On the red carpet, Vanessa likes to show off her best assets: her amazing legs and stunning hair. Usually opting for a short dress and heels, she chooses bright colours that flatter her skin tone.
Love the shape of this gorgeous aqua dress. Just short enough to show off those fab legs, but not so short that her modesty is at risk of being splashed across the internet...oh wait...
Stunning colour, different from most dresses you'd see on the red carpet. Age appropriate and elegant, that's what we like. Also, proof that us shorties can wear maxi-dresses.
Another stunner! Love the scalloped detail on the bust. Minimal accessories let the dress speak for itself.
A glam, grown up choice for Vanessa. Love the sheer overlay and Grecian-style draping.
What do you think of Vanessa on and off duty style? Can you get past the HSM bubblegum, child-star status and take her seriously as someone trying to develop their adult style chops? Labels: Best Of: Leave A CommentNewer Posts Older Posts |