|
taryn k.
| |
|
Profile
My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog. Layout: vehemencyEmail: here Twitter: here Bloglovin: here SHOP TARYN K: here Archives
Reads
15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible All That Exists For Me Autilia Buy Now, Blog Later Dania On The Street Fashion Toast Goss Makeup Artist HRH Collection Jessica.Hart/Blog Leflassh Lisa Eldridge Little Bits Of Lovely Llymlrs Mariannann ML 3.0 Natasha's Soiree The Oatmeal Pink Is The New Blog Raspberry Jam Sprinkle Of Glitter The Sartorialist Stylizimo Whitney Port Who What Wear Xsparkage Yellow Brick Home Zoella |
30 November 2010, 7:10 PM
Ah, November 2010 - how eventful you were.
Everything started off lovely. The first weekend was a girls weekend, I went down south with my friends from high school. We rented a house, had lunch out, strolled along the foreshore, got tipsy at night, had general catch up chit-chats, played SingStar, cooked yummy dinners - all that good stuff.
Second weekend, there was a surprise baby shower for one of my friends from work, which was lovely (I love all things baby, and there are a hell of a lot of babies cooking at the moment, so this is also fun times). There was also a nice catch up with my group of friends, an engagement party and a birthday party.
At work, I relieved my supervisor while she was on annual leave, meaning I got to take on a different role than I usually play at work. This was excellent - I was feeling so organised and in control, getting things done and feeling confident. Halfway through the two week stint, and it all went to shit. I had a car accident - this is now mid-month - with my car gettting written off. Physically, I am absolutely fine, which I am so grateful for. But it did throw me into a state of mind that I hate - just feeling cluttered, disorganised, frustrated and generally tired. I feel like I didn't end up completing the relief period to the best of my ability, so I'm a bit disappointed with myself.
I got a call from the insurance company yesterday letting me know how much they were going to be paying out, an amount that I actually found quite fair, surprise surprise. So now I have to start looking for a new car. Meh. Car shopping - the one kind of shopping that I hate. I had a little Honda Jazz (named Audrey) before, I miss her already. Maybe I'll just try find another Jazz.
So, this resulted in some retail therapy :) I'll have to break this haul into two (maybe three) parts, because there is a fair bit of stuff and because some of my online purchases haven't arrived yet.
Let's get into it shall we?
Newer Posts Older Posts |