|
taryn k.
| |
|
Profile
My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog. Layout: vehemencyEmail: here Twitter: here Bloglovin: here SHOP TARYN K: here Archives
Reads
15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible All That Exists For Me Autilia Buy Now, Blog Later Dania On The Street Fashion Toast Goss Makeup Artist HRH Collection Jessica.Hart/Blog Leflassh Lisa Eldridge Little Bits Of Lovely Llymlrs Mariannann ML 3.0 Natasha's Soiree The Oatmeal Pink Is The New Blog Raspberry Jam Sprinkle Of Glitter The Sartorialist Stylizimo Whitney Port Who What Wear Xsparkage Yellow Brick Home Zoella |
12 January 2011, 8:55 PM
Yay - haul time!
I did a whoooooole lot of online-window-shopping during my week off after Christmas and New Years. A whooooooooooole lot. The only place I really caved and actually bought from though was allcosmeticswholesale.com. And with the Aussie dollar as strong as it is, can you really blame me? No, you can't.
I've bought from them before, I find their shipping costs and times to Australia to be quite reasonable, as long as you get a few items. I find their range quite good, I've picked up thing their that I never would've tried, had it not been for their Clearance bin.
This haul is quite special though, because it contained my first MAC eye products.
GLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
I got the 6 Dashing Lassies palette from the 2010 holiday collection. Isn't it preeeeeeeeeeeetty? Look how it sparkles! Look at those beautiful, neutral colours! This palette contains (clockwise from top left) A Dashing Lassie, Once Upon A Time, Magical Mist (this is gorgeous), Showstopper, Buckwheat and Bronze (also gorgeous), along with a 213 SE Brush. I've worn combinations of these colours to work the past two days. Let the MAC love affair begin.
Swatches, same order as above. Sorry, I just can't get my camera to focus for these swatch shots. I'm learning though, I'm sure I'll get better.
I also grabbed my first Paintpot - Painterly is just a nice flesh colour (well, my flesh colour). I've used it the past two days as my eyeshadow base and my shadow hasn't budged. All day. That's a win on the Painterly Paint Pot :)
I also threw a Urban Decay Shadow in Goddess into my cart, because it was really cheap (I can't remember how much exactly). I haven't tried it on my lids yet, but just from swatching it on my arm, it seems a little chunky and flaky, albeit a beautiful colour. Ah well, we'll see how we go, I suppose.
Lastly, I'm pretty sure you get a free gift if you spend over $40, not including shipping. I was given a Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Cream Shadow...can't remember the name of it offhand, or if it even has a name, but it's pink.
I think it would work better on me as a blush. I might have a play around with it and see how I go. My last order came with a POP lipgloss, which was kind of a copper colour. I thought it looked cheap and disgusting, but tried it anyway, and I LOVE it. The smell leaves a little to be desired, but a great gloss none the less. Hopefully this will turn out to be a happy free gift as well.
Overall, I'm pretty excited to try out everything over the next few days. I'm gonna wear the Magical Mist shadow to work tomorrow, in some kind of subtle smokey eye combo. Is it weird that I'm really excited? Small things, I suppose.
Labels: Hauls Leave A CommentNewer Posts Older Posts |