taryn k.
Profile

My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog.

Layout: vehemency
Email: here
Twitter: here
Bloglovin: here
SHOP TARYN K: here



Archives
Reads

15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style
A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible
All That Exists For Me
Autilia
Buy Now, Blog Later
Dania On The Street
Fashion Toast
Goss Makeup Artist
HRH Collection
Jessica.Hart/Blog
Leflassh
Lisa Eldridge
Little Bits Of Lovely
Llymlrs
Mariannann
ML 3.0
Natasha's Soiree
The Oatmeal
Pink Is The New Blog
Raspberry Jam
Sprinkle Of Glitter
The Sartorialist
Stylizimo
Whitney Port
Who What Wear
Xsparkage
Yellow Brick Home
Zoella

02 January 2011, 10:17 PM

I have a strange obsession with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen that probably stems back to watching their straight-to-video movies as a child.  I remember watching Holiday In The Sun and When In Rome and loving all their clothes.  Licence To Drive was a terrible, TERRIBLE movie, but seeing all the casual outfits they were wearing made it tolerable - for me anyways.  Ashley has always been my favourite - I think she is stunningly beautiful, with a fantastic eye for style and has always conducted herself in a classy and professional manner in the media. 

I love that the twins have made their way from child stars to the fashion darlings they are today, without all the dramatics of young Hollywood and with their dignity still in tact.  I believe they have built a brand integral to todays market, collections of luxury staple pieces made with beautiful fabrics and cuts.  To be taken seriously in the industry is no mean feat, and I admire them for that.

I have long admired The Row and Elizabeth and James clothing lines - from afar.  It's all a little bit pricey for me at this stage, but I can see myself wanting to save for a couple of their basic pieces - I just need a little discipline ;)

Lately I've been loving the collaboration with Robert Lee Morris on the shoe and jewellery range for Elizabeth and James, especially the shoes.   I find that these are piece that are timeless, that will be an excellent addition to a classic, on trend wardrobe - something that I am trying to build now that I'm well and truely out of my teens.

These are my favourite picks from Elizabeth and James, available on Shopbop.com at the moment:


 











All images courtesy of Shopbop.com
 

Labels: , , ,

Leave A Comment


Newer Posts Older Posts