|
taryn k.
| |
|
Profile
My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog. Layout: vehemencyEmail: here Twitter: here Bloglovin: here SHOP TARYN K: here Archives
Reads
15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible All That Exists For Me Autilia Buy Now, Blog Later Dania On The Street Fashion Toast Goss Makeup Artist HRH Collection Jessica.Hart/Blog Leflassh Lisa Eldridge Little Bits Of Lovely Llymlrs Mariannann ML 3.0 Natasha's Soiree The Oatmeal Pink Is The New Blog Raspberry Jam Sprinkle Of Glitter The Sartorialist Stylizimo Whitney Port Who What Wear Xsparkage Yellow Brick Home Zoella |
06 February 2011, 9:58 PM
Today was finally the day of my little sister's baby shower. I played host, but since I am no master chef in the kitchen I asked my friend Amy, who has recently started up a small events catering business, to help with the food. Amy's business, Simply Delightful Events, specialises in themed dessert tables - we opted for an owl theme, pink because I'm going to have a little niece.
![]()
The food was delicious, the table setting adorable and everyone seemed to have a lovely time. For more on Amy and Simply Delightful Events, you can visit her blog and facebook page.
I also did a little bit of shopping this weekend. I got a few random bits and pieces - the most exciting of which is my very first bottle of Moroccan Oil. Yay!
I opted for the Light formula - for fine or lightly coloured hair. I'm sure you've all seen this before, it has been all the rage with beauty gurus on youtube and in the beauty blog world for a little while now. Basically you apply a small amount on clean, damp ends and lengths. I've used it once so far, and I must admit there was a noticeable different. Could it be the worth all the hype? Time will tell :)
I also picked up the Maybelline Falsies Volume express mascara. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet - I used it today at the shower and didn't really feel it was any more lengthening/thickening than, say Loreal Telescopic (the best drugstore mascara I have ever tried).
I usually prefer the plastic bristled brushes. This one is quite large and curved, different from my usual mascaras. I'll see how this goes, I didn't find it by any means bad. I also find it usually takes a week or so for a mascara to really 'break in'.
I also got shoes!
I LOVE these. Love, love, love them :) I've wanted a pair of these ankle detailed sandals all summer but could never find the perfect ones - and here they are :) The perfect tan colour, not too orange, not too pink; itty bitty heel; t-bar buckle detailing; gold hardware. What's not to love?
Hope everyone had a lovely weekend - Monday seemed to come around very quickly this week! Until next time...thanks for reading! Newer Posts Older Posts |