taryn k.
Profile

My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog.

Layout: vehemency
Email: here
Twitter: here
Bloglovin: here
SHOP TARYN K: here



Archives
Reads

15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style
A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible
All That Exists For Me
Autilia
Buy Now, Blog Later
Dania On The Street
Fashion Toast
Goss Makeup Artist
HRH Collection
Jessica.Hart/Blog
Leflassh
Lisa Eldridge
Little Bits Of Lovely
Llymlrs
Mariannann
ML 3.0
Natasha's Soiree
The Oatmeal
Pink Is The New Blog
Raspberry Jam
Sprinkle Of Glitter
The Sartorialist
Stylizimo
Whitney Port
Who What Wear
Xsparkage
Yellow Brick Home
Zoella

10 February 2011, 8:04 PM

January was a month where, once again, I did barely any actual shopping but did my fair share on online shopping.  I swear, online shopping makes me feel like everything is extra special.  Especially when it arrives by courier to my workplace - so much excitement.  The packages have started to roll in now, so I'll have a few hauls for you in the coming days.

This month was my first experience with CheapSmells.com.  Fleurdeforce on YouTube did a video a little while ago about the online stores she uses for discount beauty products. Cheap Smells was one of the sites she mentioned, and the site that stuck out most for me, so I decided to give them a try.  There were a few perfumes I'd sampled over the Christmas period that I had asked for as gifts, but not received in my stocking.  Then after the sales passed all the prices jacked back up and I couldn't justify paying full price when I knew how cheap they were during the sales.  So I conceded to wait.

Then there was Fleur.

After browsing the site for a bit and checking out the exchange rate and delivery rates, I worked out that yes, it would be far cheaper for me to purchase my smells on this site (at least for the time being).  I remember sitting at my computer with my mouth hanging open, then sprinting to find my debit card.

So I got Hugo Boss Orange 75mL EDT, Burberry Brit for women 50mL EDT and Intimately Beckham Night for Her 75mL EDT. They came all together in a medium sized box, each perfume boxed in their original packaging with cello-wrap, and plenty of packing filler - mostly tissue paper in this case.  I ordered my package on Thursday 27th of January and received it on the 7th of February - that's 7 working days!  From the UK to Austalia, I'm damn happy with that.  Standard postage was GBP14.35, which I believe is calculated by weight.  This does sound a little pricey, but once you take into consideration the heavily discounted products, it seems quite reasonable.  Excitingly, for you UK residents, shipping is actually included in the product price!

In total, I paid GBP83.94, which at the exchange rate at the time meant I got each perfume for an average of AU$44 each.  That's a steal!

The site also offers discounted makeup, skincare, haircare, bath and body products, as well as fragrance, cologne and aftershave.  I had a bit of a peruse through the makeup section, but couldn't find anything that really jumped out at me.  From what I can tell, the stock changes regularly, so I'll be checking back from time to time to see if any gems pop up.







So the CheapSmells.com online store gets a big thumbs up from me - especially with the exchange rate like it is at the moment.  Let me know if you've had any experience with this store and how it worked out for you.  Id be interested to see how shipping times differ country to country.

By the way, my sister gave birth to her brand new little girl the day after the baby shower!  Such amazing timing!  I can't get over how beautiful she is, and I'm so proud of my sister and her fiance - I know they'll be fantastic parents, and little Caitlin Taryn is so lucky to have chosen them to be her mum and dad.

Labels: ,

Leave A Comment


Newer Posts Older Posts