|
taryn k.
| |
|
Profile
My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog. Layout: vehemencyEmail: here Twitter: here Bloglovin: here SHOP TARYN K: here Archives
Reads
15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible All That Exists For Me Autilia Buy Now, Blog Later Dania On The Street Fashion Toast Goss Makeup Artist HRH Collection Jessica.Hart/Blog Leflassh Lisa Eldridge Little Bits Of Lovely Llymlrs Mariannann ML 3.0 Natasha's Soiree The Oatmeal Pink Is The New Blog Raspberry Jam Sprinkle Of Glitter The Sartorialist Stylizimo Whitney Port Who What Wear Xsparkage Yellow Brick Home Zoella |
05 February 2011, 4:58 PM
Well, this week turned out to be a nail polish fail. I didn't like two of the three colours I tried, and the third is my regular fallback colour - so I feel like I haven't got anything interesting to report.*sad face* Ah well, on with the swatches.
Remember last week how I said I couldn't show you my third colour because I still had ink all over my hands? Well this is the polish in question - Butter London's Pink Ribbon. This came as a freebie with a Madison magazine (I think) several months ago (I believe I blogged about it at the time). It's not a colour I would generally pick up and actually pay for, so I'm glad it came as a freebie. I'm not a huge fan of this colour against my skin tone, it's soooo sheer I had to use four coats (four!), but I feel like it would be a good pink for a french mani.
I suppose it is a nice creamy baby pink, but like I said, I hate it against my skin tone. Something isn't quite right. Haha, can you see the ink still left over on my middle finger?
The next polish I chose for the week is Jesse's Girl Magenta. Really not sure why I felt like I would like this colour as I'm not usually a fan of anything glittery. I found the red too blue (I know that sounds a little weird). It also chips like a biatch. So bad. But I suppose I shouldn't really complain since it only cost me around AU$3.00.
I just had a look at the website and it looks like they're no longer selling this colour and everything has been repackaged. Shame. Hopefully they've improved the formula to include some anti-chip technology ;-)
And lastly, my fallback colour. I must admit I love this polish - it was my very first OPI polish, so it will probably always hold a place in my heart (and collection). OPI's Tickle My France-y. I must admit, it was the adorable name that suckered me in, but it turned out to be the perfect neutral colour for me.
Not much more I can say about this except that I love it.
Labels: Nail Polish Leave A CommentNewer Posts Older Posts |