taryn k.
Profile

My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog.

Layout: vehemency
Email: here
Twitter: here
Bloglovin: here
SHOP TARYN K: here



Archives
Reads

15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style
A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible
All That Exists For Me
Autilia
Buy Now, Blog Later
Dania On The Street
Fashion Toast
Goss Makeup Artist
HRH Collection
Jessica.Hart/Blog
Leflassh
Lisa Eldridge
Little Bits Of Lovely
Llymlrs
Mariannann
ML 3.0
Natasha's Soiree
The Oatmeal
Pink Is The New Blog
Raspberry Jam
Sprinkle Of Glitter
The Sartorialist
Stylizimo
Whitney Port
Who What Wear
Xsparkage
Yellow Brick Home
Zoella

26 February 2011, 4:33 PM

On Valentines Day I painted my nails red with my ring fingers white with a red heart.  It was adorable.  I left it on for days.  And I neglected to photograph it. Fail.


This week I went for Essie.  I love Essie.  I don't know what it is that makes me love it so much.  Maybe it's the fact that they have a lot of murky, in-between colours.


The first was "Angora Cardi".  Now, to be honest, I am always so disappointed with the way this dries - in the bottle it looks also maroon, but it dries a plum colour.  The plum colour itself isn't bad, but it's never what I'm expecting when I pull the bottle out of my nail polish box.


Please excuse the terrible application, it was really quite rushed and my nails had all recently broken off.




At the moment I'm wearing 'Soiree Mauvee" - I LOVE this colour.  The funny thing is, it's almost identical to Angora Cardi, but it's so much better.  It's a little bit more on the 'greige' side.  In the bottle it actually looks a lot more of a rosy pink, but I much prefer the colour it dries to.



Yay for a nail polish win finally! 

I'm going to a Rubik's Cube themed 21st birthday party tonight.  In case you haven't heard, the idea of a Rubik's Cube party is to arrive in all the colours on a Rubik's Cube (white, blue, green, yellow, red and orange) then, during the night you swap clothes with other guests until you are dressed all in one colour.  It should be a lot of fun.  A lot of daggy fun, haha!  I'll make sure I take a few photos to share, but for now, here's a preview of my stunning outfit for the night.


Labels: ,

Leave A Comment


Newer Posts Older Posts