taryn k.
Profile

My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog.

Layout: vehemency
Email: here
Twitter: here
Bloglovin: here
SHOP TARYN K: here



Archives
Reads

15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style
A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible
All That Exists For Me
Autilia
Buy Now, Blog Later
Dania On The Street
Fashion Toast
Goss Makeup Artist
HRH Collection
Jessica.Hart/Blog
Leflassh
Lisa Eldridge
Little Bits Of Lovely
Llymlrs
Mariannann
ML 3.0
Natasha's Soiree
The Oatmeal
Pink Is The New Blog
Raspberry Jam
Sprinkle Of Glitter
The Sartorialist
Stylizimo
Whitney Port
Who What Wear
Xsparkage
Yellow Brick Home
Zoella

11 May 2011, 8:33 PM

Okay - I've been looking for a challenge tag to do for the past couple of weeks, coz I think they're really fun.  I've finally settled on this one - which I found via deanne5253 - because it is quite varied with it's days themes.  Hopefully I pull off the entire thirty days and don't slack off - time will tell.

So obviously, I'll be starting with Day 01 - Your Favourite Song.
Always a tricky question.  My go-to favourite song of all time is "Romeo and Juliet" by Dire Straits.  It is the most beautiful, tragic love song I have ever heard, has such amazing guitar licks, not to mention the main riff, is sang with such passion and emotion and has the most romantic lyrics.
This version performed by Mark Knopfler and band at the Prince's Trust Charity in London, September 2009 - he doesn't play the song in its entirety and he misses my favourite verse, but the guitar is amazing, leaves me breathless everytime.



Another version of the song that is to die for is performed by Lisa Mitchell for Triple J's Like A Version in 2009. Again, her guitar work is amazing.  Plus I like her bow.




Other songs I'm really enjoying at the moment/are all time favourites are:


The Truth - Pnau
Contact High - Arcitecture in Helsinki
Into The Night - Benny Mendonas
Nothing Left To Lose - The Pretty Reckless
'Til The World Ends - Britney Spears
Rolling In The Deep - Adele
Under The Surface - Marit Larsen
So Jealous - Lisa Mitchell
Hotel Paper - Michelle Branch
Fast Car - Tracey Chapman
China - Sparkadia
How Soon Is Now? - The Smiths
Relator - Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson
The Cave - Mumford & Sons
Feeling This - Blink 182
Older Than You - Eskimo Joe
Naive - The Kooks
Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off - Panic! At The Disco
Fussy - End Of Fashion
The Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice
Superman - Five For Fighting
You Outta Know - Alanis Morissette


If you want to do this tag with me, leave your blog in the comments and I'll check it out :) I love tags.


30 Day Challenge List:
Day 01 — Your favorite song
Day 02 — Your favorite movie
Day 03 — Your favorite television program
Day 04 — Your favorite book
Day 05 — Your favorite quote
Day 06 — Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 07 — A photo that makes you happy
Day 08 — A photo that makes you angry/sad
Day 09 — A photo you took
Day 10 — A photo of you taken over ten years ago
Day 11 — A photo of you taken recently
Day 12 — Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 13 — A fictional book
Day 14 — A non-fictional book
Day 15 — A fanfic
Day 16 — A song that makes you cry (or nearly)
Day 17 — An art piece (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc.)
Day 18 — Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 19 — A talent of yours
Day 20 — A hobby of yours
Day 21 — A recipe
Day 22 — A website
Day 23 — A YouTube video
Day 24 — Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 25 — Your day, in great detail
Day 26 — Your week, in great detail
Day 27 — This month, in great detail
Day 28 — This year, in great detail
Day 29 — Hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 days
Day 30 — Whatever tickles your fancy

Labels: ,

Leave A Comment


Newer Posts Older Posts