|
taryn k.
| |
|
Profile
My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog. Layout: vehemencyEmail: here Twitter: here Bloglovin: here SHOP TARYN K: here Archives
Reads
15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible All That Exists For Me Autilia Buy Now, Blog Later Dania On The Street Fashion Toast Goss Makeup Artist HRH Collection Jessica.Hart/Blog Leflassh Lisa Eldridge Little Bits Of Lovely Llymlrs Mariannann ML 3.0 Natasha's Soiree The Oatmeal Pink Is The New Blog Raspberry Jam Sprinkle Of Glitter The Sartorialist Stylizimo Whitney Port Who What Wear Xsparkage Yellow Brick Home Zoella |
14 May 2011, 11:16 AM
{Above all things I believe in love}
Day two of the thirty day challenge is Favourite Movie. This is an absolute no-brainer for me. Moulin Rouge. Hands down.
I was absolutely obsessed with this movie, even before it came out. I remember buying the Lady Marmalade single - I must've been about fourteen - because I liked Mya and Christine Aguilera, and hearing The Elephant Love Medley which was a track on the single (speaking of, I used to love buying singles, just to get the B-Side tracks. I just don't do that anymore. Do they still make singles?) and falling absolutely head over heels in love with Ewan McGregors voice. The next week I spent my itty-bitty pizza shop wage on the movie soundtrack. I remember laying in bed listening to it on my discman, on repeat, every night. I didn't end up seeing the movie until it came out on DVD months later. I watched it three times in the one day, then at least once a day every day for months. I loved it. I could recite the entire thing to you now if you asked me.
I was that in love with the film, my friends and I filmed our own version of the movie in my friends games room (I was Satine) and I made a scrapbook dedicated to the movie.
Oh, and then a SECOND soundtrack was released. I got that too. Of course.
I'm not sure what it is exactly that makes me love it so much. It's definitely a love it/hate it film. I think it may be the combination of the love story, intertwined with the classic songs, the tragedy, the surrealism, the amazing costume design and sets, and Ewan McGregor. Plus, I always wanted to be in a musical.
{You're free to leave me, but just don't deceive me and please, believe me when I say, I love you}
Labels: Tags Leave A CommentNewer Posts Older Posts |