taryn k.
Profile

My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog.

Layout: vehemency
Email: here
Twitter: here
Bloglovin: here
SHOP TARYN K: here



Archives
Reads

15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style
A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible
All That Exists For Me
Autilia
Buy Now, Blog Later
Dania On The Street
Fashion Toast
Goss Makeup Artist
HRH Collection
Jessica.Hart/Blog
Leflassh
Lisa Eldridge
Little Bits Of Lovely
Llymlrs
Mariannann
ML 3.0
Natasha's Soiree
The Oatmeal
Pink Is The New Blog
Raspberry Jam
Sprinkle Of Glitter
The Sartorialist
Stylizimo
Whitney Port
Who What Wear
Xsparkage
Yellow Brick Home
Zoella

18 May 2011, 8:54 PM

Day five is whatever tickles your fancy - yay!  So I'm going to do a haul.  I feel like I haven't done a haul in soooooooo long - and I haven't, since I was on the spending ban.  These purchases were from my first shopping trip after the ban was lifted.  I didn't end up getting as much as I was expecting.  It was weird - I think being forced to not make purchases frivolously made me think harder about what I really wanted.  I think I've defined my sense of style a little more over the last couple of months.


My first port of call when I arrived at the shopping centre was the Chanel counter.  My intention was to try out and hopefully purchase the Vitalumiere Aqua foundation.  The counter assistant was out at lunch, so I played around with the shade myself.  And I really wasn't very excited about the Aqua formula.  I'd heard so many great things about it, but when I swatched it, it felt a little blah.  So I tried out their other formulas and eventually settled on this - the Mat Lumiere in Cendre no. 30.  I've been wearing it a few weeks now and while I like some things about it - the pump top, the scent (like roses!) and the initial application - I'm not liking it as much as the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions foundation.  It doesn't stay matte enough for my skin-type, despite what the name suggests.  Ah well. You win some, you lose some.
The lipstick is Revlon Stormy Pink no. 011, a matte finish.  This was inspired by the Candy Yum Yum lipstick MAC brought out in the Quite Cute collection.  It's not as neon, but I think the basic gist is there.  I've been wearing it a lot lately, I like the pop of colour against the autumnal palettes I've been wearing lately.




These jewellery items are from Forever New.  The ring stack was inspired by the gorgeous set that Lisa Eldridge wears often in her videos.  They're a size too large for me, so I've been changing out the plain 'love' band with another from a different set of rings that is a little tight on me, to keep them from slipping around.
The earrings were probably my second most exciting purchase of the day.  I've got really small ears, but I love that large, vintage inspired studs look that Whitney Port was wearing a lot of in part one of The City - these are the perfect size, and I LOVE the colour of the stones.  I've received a few compliments on these already, so really a good buy.
 


This scarf was on the sale rack (and then marked down further when I took it to the counter!), and I just loved the pastel print and the softness of the material.  Such a feminine piece.  Most of my scarves had skulls and crossbones or animal print or are grey and darks, so this is a nice, different, addition to my collection.  I've been loving pairing it with my khaki anorak.


I've got a couple more purchases from this trip to share, but for some reason my photos won't upload.  Ah well, something to look forward to posting later - including my absolute favourite buy.
I'll probably end up posting a couple of posts tomorrow - I've got an OOTD from today to post, but for now, I just gotta go watch Glee!!  Talk to you soon :)

Labels: , , , , ,

Leave A Comment


Newer Posts Older Posts