taryn k.
Profile

My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog.

Layout: vehemency
Email: here
Twitter: here
Bloglovin: here
SHOP TARYN K: here



Archives
Reads

15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style
A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible
All That Exists For Me
Autilia
Buy Now, Blog Later
Dania On The Street
Fashion Toast
Goss Makeup Artist
HRH Collection
Jessica.Hart/Blog
Leflassh
Lisa Eldridge
Little Bits Of Lovely
Llymlrs
Mariannann
ML 3.0
Natasha's Soiree
The Oatmeal
Pink Is The New Blog
Raspberry Jam
Sprinkle Of Glitter
The Sartorialist
Stylizimo
Whitney Port
Who What Wear
Xsparkage
Yellow Brick Home
Zoella

16 July 2011, 10:08 PM

I've got a few things I want to talk about, but nothing of any real substance, so I'm gonna do it in bullet form.  Sorry in advance for any randomness!


  •  I've just created a twitter account.  I've had a personal twitter account for a little while now, but I never would do my own tweeting,  Just didn't really think anybody would actually care about anything I had to say.  So, since I have an iPhone now (upgraded from my old brickie thing that didn't have internet access), I've decided to set up a twitter as an extension of this blog. So follow me if you like :) Pretty, please?
  • My holidays are drawing to a close (sadface).  I have to go back to work on Monday and I'm not really looking forward to it. I like my job and all, but holidays are sooo much nicer.  Especially since Joe is on holidays for another week - being a school teacher sure has it's perks!  I hate having to get out of bed when he doesn't have to.  My favourite thing in the world during winter is to sleep in, so I get a wee bit jealous.
  • I've almost finished painting our house. ALMOST. I have one room to go. I will be so excited when it's actually done. But then we'll probably move houses and I'll have to start all over again.
  • My husband has been watching the Tour de France.  I must admit, I am not a fan.  I do like the scenery though. It makes me want to go back and visit France.  One of my friends is over in Nice at the moment, seeing all her photos gets me all nostalgic for my own eurotrip adventure.  Last year at a particularly slow part during the race, one of the cameramen decided it would be a fun idea to have an incredibly and overly extended shot of a snail crossing the road.  You can imagine how long this took.  You may also be aware that I am absolutely terrified of snails (I know it's ridiculous, don't worry).  This was not a happy night for me.
  • I took a trip to ikea the other day. All by myself.  Not something I'd recommend really.  For one thing, you can't take your trolley to your car if you haven't parked in the underground.  I don't know if this is all ikeas or just mine.  I had quite a few items, I'm sure a few people got a few laughs watching me struggle with it all piled up, trying to get back to my car sans trolley.  I loved everything I got though - a couple of bedside lamps for our bedroom, a side table for the living room, a throw and a few candles.  The best part is assembling everything.  I know not everyone will agree with that, but I do consider myself quite handy, so whenever I manage to put something from ikea together, I feel validated.
  • I've been reading Mamma Mia! by Mia Freedman (Cosmo Australia's youngest ever editor), and I love it.  I thoroughly recommend it if you are at all interested in the magazine industry.  I'm only halfway through, but that only took me a night of hardcore bookworming - looking forward to finishing it off in the next couple of days.
  • My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks - I'm having a 1990s themed party at home.  I've been putting the playlist together over the past couple of weeks, and let me tell you - there are some gems.  I can't wait, for the music alone.  No idea what I'm going to wear yet though.  I recently finished a massive Friends marathon, and was getting very inspired by Rachel's outfits in the earlier episodes.  Just a matter of finding some good stuff.  To the op-shops I go!

Labels:

Leave A Comment


Newer Posts Older Posts