taryn k.
Profile

My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog.

Layout: vehemency
Email: here
Twitter: here
Bloglovin: here
SHOP TARYN K: here



Archives
Reads

15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style
A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible
All That Exists For Me
Autilia
Buy Now, Blog Later
Dania On The Street
Fashion Toast
Goss Makeup Artist
HRH Collection
Jessica.Hart/Blog
Leflassh
Lisa Eldridge
Little Bits Of Lovely
Llymlrs
Mariannann
ML 3.0
Natasha's Soiree
The Oatmeal
Pink Is The New Blog
Raspberry Jam
Sprinkle Of Glitter
The Sartorialist
Stylizimo
Whitney Port
Who What Wear
Xsparkage
Yellow Brick Home
Zoella

07 August 2011, 5:10 PM

"Did you run out of grey nail polish?"
"No."
"Why do you have one black nail?"
"Because I like it."
"Is this, like, a trend?"
"I'm not sure, I just thought it looked pretty."
"Do you think other people will start doing it?"
"Maybe, but I doubt it'll be because of me."
"I've never seen anyone else with nails like that."
"I don't think I'm the first..."
"..."
"Here's your money, have a great day."

An actual conversation betwixt a customer and myself the other day when I was wearing this combo.  If nothing else, I find nail polish to be quite the conversation starter.  Although it always baffles me when someone goes "Oh, I hate your nail polish".  Would you go up to someone and say "Oh, I hate your hair."

No. You wouldn't. Unless you were kind of a bitch.

So this is my "Skull and Glossbones" by OPI and "Blackout" by Rimmel London combo from a week back. I personally love it.  "Skull and Glossbones" is one of my favourite polishes of all time.  I feel like it's classy and understated, yet a bit unusual and a little edgy. Just how I like it. 

Sorry about the bluriness - it was nighttime, and I wanted to take a couple of quick photos before I removed it, so not my best photography (<sarcasm>coz usually I'm so very photographically talented </sarcasm>).



Labels: , ,

Leave A Comment


Newer Posts Older Posts