|
taryn k.
| |
|
Profile
My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog. Layout: vehemencyEmail: here Twitter: here Bloglovin: here SHOP TARYN K: here Archives
Reads
15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible All That Exists For Me Autilia Buy Now, Blog Later Dania On The Street Fashion Toast Goss Makeup Artist HRH Collection Jessica.Hart/Blog Leflassh Lisa Eldridge Little Bits Of Lovely Llymlrs Mariannann ML 3.0 Natasha's Soiree The Oatmeal Pink Is The New Blog Raspberry Jam Sprinkle Of Glitter The Sartorialist Stylizimo Whitney Port Who What Wear Xsparkage Yellow Brick Home Zoella |
08 October 2011, 2:37 PM
Ooh, my first Lust Have It! box arrived last week. I snuck in with my order, just in time to receive the September box, so I was very excited since I thought I'd have to wait until October for my first set of samples.
I've managed to try everything except the silver nail polish - it's not really to my taste, but would probably come in handy, so I'm happy to have it. So far, I'm quite the fan on the Lancome Doll Eyes mascara. I don't necessarily think its revolutionary, but it's one of the better mascara's I've tried. The brush has a conical shape, which I like since you can get pretty much all you lashes with the smaller end, but brush through with the larger end. The formula is quite nice, although I did notice a little smudging on my crease on Tuesday, which never happens to me, so that was a little annoying.
Even though shimmery nail polishes aren't really my thing, I've actually enjoyed this Nicole by OPI colour. Perhaps because the shimmer is very subtle, but it is there. I've tried a Nicole polish before, it's definitely inferior to OPI, formula-wise (this particular shade, anyway). It took me three coats to get this opacity, and even so it's still a little see through in bright light. It's worn well though, day three and no chips, so that's a big plus. The applied colour is also true the the bottle, so that's great too. The only thing I find frustrating is that the colour names aren't on the bottles, or listed on the product guide. I think the silver might be "Imagine If" and the purple possibly "Make A Change".
I wasn't sure about the Urban Rituelle hand cream, but it's really grown on me. I wouldn't recommend if you don't like the smell of lemongrass as it is quite strong. It doesn't leave your hands greasy, and is quite think and luxurious feeling. I'll definitely use this one up. I used the shower gel for the first time this morning - nothing overwhelmingly special, in my opinion. The scent is nice and quite subtle, not at all what I was expecting. Probably not something I would purchase (especially at $27.95 for a full size), but I'll have no problems using up the sample.
I've only used the Keratase Elixir Ultime once this week, and I was pleased with the results, but I did use it in conjunction with my regular MoroccanOil. I'll have to try it alone before I form a proper opinion on it, but it does contain Argan oil, so I imagine it will give very similar results to the MoroccanOil. The price point is very similar at $48.50 for 125mL (MoroccanOil is $52 for 100mL).
Overall, I've loved my first experience with Lust Have It! and will continue to renew my subscription for at least another few months. I've loved testing out products I probably never would've tried otherwise, and the price point fits nicely into my budget. I feel like this box was worth it for the mascara alone.
And excitingly, I received email notification from the company that my next box is already on it's way (which, by the way, I love the email notifications, gives you an idea for when to expect the package). Can't wait to see what's in my next box!
Labels: Hair, Hauls, LustHaveIt, Nail Polish, OPI Leave A CommentNewer Posts Older Posts |