|
taryn k.
| |
|
Profile
My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog. Layout: vehemencyEmail: here Twitter: here Bloglovin: here SHOP TARYN K: here Archives
Reads
15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible All That Exists For Me Autilia Buy Now, Blog Later Dania On The Street Fashion Toast Goss Makeup Artist HRH Collection Jessica.Hart/Blog Leflassh Lisa Eldridge Little Bits Of Lovely Llymlrs Mariannann ML 3.0 Natasha's Soiree The Oatmeal Pink Is The New Blog Raspberry Jam Sprinkle Of Glitter The Sartorialist Stylizimo Whitney Port Who What Wear Xsparkage Yellow Brick Home Zoella |
05 November 2011, 7:23 PM
I know this is pretty much a month late, but please see my previous post for my reasons (ie. excuses) as to why I am so late.
So this was my first BeautyBox from the month of October - and I suppose my last, since the brand has now been franchised to the Glossybox company. I haven't bothered to renew my subscription with Glossybox, because to be honest, I'm a little bored already. And I was so excited haha. It's not that I'm disappointed with any of the products or service, but the novelty has worn off already and it seems so much effort to sign up again - read: I'm a lazy so and so. I might sign up again in the future, we'll see. I was absolutely stoked to receive this box, mostly because the packaging was so much better than LustHaveIt. It's actually pink and pretty. Just how I like it. The box was much better quality as well. It's nice enough to use for jewellery or makeup storage. I'm using mine to keep all my sachet samples from magazines and these sample boxes. The product samples sit in the box very nicely - it looks full and generous. The box included John Frieda Full Repair Full Body shampoo and conditioner, CK one Shock fragrance for him and her, Shiseido Compact Foundation, Garnier Body Ultra-Softening lotion and Biothem Aquasource Non-Stop moisturiser.
Hands down favourite product this box is the CK one Shock fragrances. I love the female scent. Love it. I may even suggest it as a Christmas gift for myself :) The thing that really impressed me as well was that instead of just getting one little baby sample, the box had two vials of both the his and hers! Well done BeautyBox! I'm not even going to attempt to describe this scent, but the feminine version is very girly and sweet, just how I like it. I'll direct you to this link for a better description beautyhaven.com.au. The male version is also great - my husband really likes it and says he wouldn't mind the full size version once he runs out of hiss Joop Jump and Beckham Intimately. He doesn't do scent depending on mood like I do, he generally will use one scent until it's all gone then purchase another. It's a miracle he has two at the moment, but that is because he got them as gifts.
I've not got too much to say about the body lotion. I'm not really a fan of body lotions in general - not matter how non-greasy they are, I always feel just icky after applying. I tried this one night after my shower and found it okay. Certainly not terrible or anything, but I'm not likely to go out and buy it. But again, that's just me and my aversion to lotions, nothing to do with the actual product itself.
I've never tried anything by Shiseido before, so I was quite intrigued by this foundation sample. I haven't had a chance to properly test this out as, like I said in my previous post, I haven't really been wearing makeup the past few weeks. This product can be applied wet or dry, which I find interesting as I've never tried a powder foundation before. The colour looks like it's not a bad colour match for me, which is good since I may actually end up getting some use out of it. I'll let you know how I go. It's also worth noting that this is quite a good sample size - I can imagine you'd get several uses out of it.
I haven't even touched this product yet, but it does look nice! Again, the sample size is very generous - I'd say at least a few weeks worth if you were to use it every day. It seems like it would be quite cooling on the skin and has an okay scent. I'll probably use it when the weather starts getting warmer and they start cranking up the air conditioner at work - which always dries my skin out.
And lastly, the John Frieda Full Repair shampoo and conditioner. I'm not a fan of John Frieda shampoos and conditioners usually (I am a fan of their styling products though, just to be clear), and this range is no exception. I found it did nothing of any note to my hair. It was just the same as always. I didn't notice any extra body, in fact quite the opposite - my hair felt a little limp after two uses. So not a product I'll be purchasing in the full size - I'm glad I got to try it though, since I do like to give things a go before I declare if I like it or not, especially since I don't like the other similar products from this brand.
All in all, I thought the BeautyBox had very generous and interesting samples. I figure with these boxes if there is a least one product you would buy full size then they have done their job. That product for me is the fragrance, so big tick to BeautyBox. Labels: BeautyBox, GlossyBox, Hauls, Perfume Leave A CommentNewer Posts Older Posts |