|
taryn k.
| |
|
Profile
My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog. Layout: vehemencyEmail: here Twitter: here Bloglovin: here SHOP TARYN K: here Archives
Reads
15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible All That Exists For Me Autilia Buy Now, Blog Later Dania On The Street Fashion Toast Goss Makeup Artist HRH Collection Jessica.Hart/Blog Leflassh Lisa Eldridge Little Bits Of Lovely Llymlrs Mariannann ML 3.0 Natasha's Soiree The Oatmeal Pink Is The New Blog Raspberry Jam Sprinkle Of Glitter The Sartorialist Stylizimo Whitney Port Who What Wear Xsparkage Yellow Brick Home Zoella |
12 February 2012, 4:28 PM
A couple posts ago I mentioned I had been doing a lot of online shopping at a particular online store I had only recently discovered - at the time I had made several purchases, but I don't think I had received any of my packages so I didn't elaborate in case it wasn't worth mentioning. Well, they've been rolling in over the past couple of weeks and I have been able to use some of the items in said packages, so a bit of a review is in order.
The site is Ozsale.com.au (invite link, hope you don't mind), an online shopping club that hosts sales for all kinds of brands, both international and Australian based. You can find products for up to 75% off, as well as enjoy free shipping on selected sales. Categories include women's, men's and children's fashion; beauty, haircare, nailcare and fragrance; wine; home decor and kitchenware; children's toys and DVDS; manchester and many, many more. I've purchased goods from quite a few of these different categories and haven't been let down yet - fingers crossed I haven't spoken to soon, I have a couple of packages on the way. Sales generally last a few days and there are MANY going on a once - one frustrating feature I found is that since each sale is essentially run by an independent brand, you can't put products in your shopping cart from more than one sale at a time. This is the site's main downfall - you can't share shipping between sales. However, I have found shipping fees to be reasonable for the purchases I've made, so it's not too bad. Another shipping drawback is that you have to wait for each sale to end before they send your package. Wait times can be a few weeks, so I wouldn't recommend purchasing anything you want in a great hurry. That said, some sales ship out super quickly, I've had both long waiting times and short waiting times. Bit of a luck of the draw.
It also needs to be mentioned that this is an Australian site, so delivery is only domestic. However, there are ozsale cousins in New Zealand and some South East Asian countries as well if you want to check those out :)
After that long winded intro...onto the hauling/review.
The first major purchase I made was Scandalous Haircare, which I understand is a diffusion line by UK brand James Brown. I went a bit crazy since everything I purchased was only $4.95. Yes. That's right. Shipping was $12.50 all up, bringing the cost of each item to $7.00 delivered. I'm can't remember what the RRP was for the products, but my educated guess is well over the $10 mark.
I ordered the Big and Beautiful Volumising Shampoo & Conditioner, the Intensively Glossy Rescue Treatment, the Red Alert Heat Protection Spray, the Luminous Shine Finishing Spray and the Fabulously Flirty Dry Shampoo.
I will preface by saying I will not be repurchasing the shampoo, conditioner or the treatment. The other products are also doubtful.
In my opinion, the best thing about these products is the scent. I love it. I'm terrible at recognising and describing scents, but I'm gonna go with vanilla and something else (sorry) and it is absolutely divine. I would probably buy a perfume of this scent. If I had a decent sized tub, I would bathe in this scent. If I ever find a candle in this scent, I WILL BUY IT. You get the picture.
Now, the shampoo and conditioner do volumise as promised. I've been quite happy with the texture of my generally fine hair since I began using them about three weeks ago. They have definitely added that necessary bit of oompf needed to use a sea-salt spray and scrunch to create beachy waves. The problem I have is not with that at all. The problem I have is that the products are packed with glitter.
I will illustrate.
Sorry if that looks a bit dodgy.
But can you see the glitter? While most of the hair products I've used in the past do have a certain sheen to them, this is entirely different. After I got out of the shower I noticed there was glitter literally all over me. At first I couldn't work out what it was, but after another wash or two, it dawned on me. I thought that perhaps it wasn't such a bad thing - surely it could only mean my hair would look more shiny. This was until my mum was cutting my hair one day and asked me if I had sprayed glitter onto my head. And face. The answer was no, I am not in the habit of spraying glitter on my face/head. The glossing treatment also has this same problem. Obviously, rather than attempting to give the hair actual shine, to actually nourish the hair, the makers of this product decided they would just have us dump glitter on our heads. Ah well. I will continue to use these products up and therefore continue to look like a giant glitterball for another week or so. Then I'll have to find something new I suppose. Or it'll be back to the trusty Tresemme.
The other three products don't seem to have the same glitter-problem. I haven't actually had a chance to develop an opinion on the dry shampoo yet as I've been trying to use up my current can first (Tresemme again, if you're interested). The finishing spray is okay, a little on the glittery side (although not too bad) and it does tend to leave my hair slightly greasier than usual the following day (which I suppose is to be expected). I haven't really got an opinion about the heat protectant spray either - it seems to be an average heat protectant, nothing fancy, nothing rubbish. I do ofter wonder if heat protectants even actually do anything, but I like to think I'm being a good girl (halo and all) by using one, so will continue to do so.
So that's me for today. Sorry this was so long winded. Congratulations if you read this entire post. Feel free to eat a cookie in celebration.
PS. This is in no way a sponsored post. After re-reading I feel like it kind of sounds like one, so I just wanted to clear that up. If you click the invite link up above however, my account will be credited a $10 voucher when you make your first purchase. Anyone can use these links and invites, so feel free to pay it forward so to speak ;)
PPS. My apologies to those of you that enjoy looking like a glitterball. If that's your thing, all power to ya. I just can't pull it off like you can ;) You should probably buy this haircare range.
Labels: Hair, Online Shopping Leave A CommentNewer Posts Older Posts |