taryn k.
Profile

My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog.

Layout: vehemency
Email: here
Twitter: here
Bloglovin: here
SHOP TARYN K: here



Archives
Reads

15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style
A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible
All That Exists For Me
Autilia
Buy Now, Blog Later
Dania On The Street
Fashion Toast
Goss Makeup Artist
HRH Collection
Jessica.Hart/Blog
Leflassh
Lisa Eldridge
Little Bits Of Lovely
Llymlrs
Mariannann
ML 3.0
Natasha's Soiree
The Oatmeal
Pink Is The New Blog
Raspberry Jam
Sprinkle Of Glitter
The Sartorialist
Stylizimo
Whitney Port
Who What Wear
Xsparkage
Yellow Brick Home
Zoella

27 March 2012, 8:45 PM

I apologise in advance if this becomes a bit of a baby blog from here on in - the bump is getting so big now it's kinda beginning to consume my life (not that that is a bad thing).  This past weekend was spent beginning to deck out the baby room, or nursery if you will, so I thought I'd show you some of the bits that I've done.  I'm still working full time, so it's a bit slowly-slowly, but there's been a little bit of action.

First up, the tissue pompoms - you may notice that the look on my face is really quite ecstatic.  This is mostly because I was ecstatic.  I am by no means a crafty person; most things I attempt to make end up as a miserable fail, so I was so, so excited when the pompoms turned out how I wanted them.  The messy bedroom is another pregnancy symptom FYI ;)


I've kept my body out of shot because I'm kind of not wearing any pants.  Another pregnancy symptom.

I've made eight so far, a couple in each shade (white, pastel pink, hot pink, burgundy).  I might end up doing a few in a soft grey as well since I'm planning on incorporating a little of that into the decor. 



I started hanging them up yesterday, but gave up after the first four because it was quite late in the day and I was well and truly tuckered out by then.  I'll resume with the rest next weekend, but you can sort of see what I'm trying to accomplish here.


If you'd like a tutorial or more information about how I did these, let me know and I'll do it when I make the grey ones.  You can buy them premade on Etsy, but it's cheaper to make them and so amazingly easy.  I've attached them to the ceiling with painters tape, in case you're interested, which I reccommend since it doesn't peel off the paint.  The cot is a 'meat-safe' cot, which we got second hand, mainly because we have a cat and I'd rather not worry that she could jump in and smother the baby. It's not the prettiest, I know, but peace of mind isn't overrated.

Sunday was the day of my baby shower, which my lovely sister hosted at my parents house.  The day went really well and I had so much fun, and man, we got spoilt! 

This is how our living room floor looked after I'd finished showing everything to Joe when I got home later that evening.  Guess what gender the baby is, I dares ya.


My sister also bought me this Moses basket - I believe the stand in Gertie & Me (second-hand) and the basket itself was from Big W.  In case you've not heard of them, Moses baskets are used as an alternative to the traditional bassinet.  I just liked the sleek-ness of the basket - I'm not really a very 'frilly' person - and I like the fact that it will be easy to move around the house.


And lastly, I also managed to make it to Ikea this weekend.  We didn't end up picking up any of the items I blogged about earlier, since they were quite different in reality, but we did make sure to bring home at least one flat-pack box.
  

In case I haven't mentioned it before, I am really quite the man in our household and Joe is kind of the woman.  No gender stereotypes here in the house of K.  I generally do all the handy work and Joe generally does the dishes.  And I love it that way.  So here I am, not being particularly attractive, assembling the exciting flat-packed Ikea chest of drawers.


And the finished product. Yay!



I plan on doing a proper nursery tour when I'm finished, but just thought I'd give you a little update.  Let me know if this is a little on the boring side and I'll try and limit the baby posts - but like I said, there's not really a lot going on in my life besides the incubation at the moment.

Labels:

Leave A Comment


Newer Posts Older Posts