taryn k.
Profile

My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog.

Layout: vehemency
Email: here
Twitter: here
Bloglovin: here
SHOP TARYN K: here



Archives
Reads

15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style
A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible
All That Exists For Me
Autilia
Buy Now, Blog Later
Dania On The Street
Fashion Toast
Goss Makeup Artist
HRH Collection
Jessica.Hart/Blog
Leflassh
Lisa Eldridge
Little Bits Of Lovely
Llymlrs
Mariannann
ML 3.0
Natasha's Soiree
The Oatmeal
Pink Is The New Blog
Raspberry Jam
Sprinkle Of Glitter
The Sartorialist
Stylizimo
Whitney Port
Who What Wear
Xsparkage
Yellow Brick Home
Zoella

20 July 2012, 4:40 PM

Argh! I posted this haul a couple of days ago, but due to some technical error (or plain old fail) when I used the iPhone Blogger app, all my witty words (as well as all the not so witty words) were all deleted. Sigh. I shall have to start again, since I took the time to take pictures and all.

I placed this strawberrynet.com order back when I was still pregnant and it arrived the day after I got home from the hospital, which was a lovely surprise.  I was really pleased with this order - I think I've found a few staples for my collection.


Packaged up oh-so-pretty - with the exception of the CK Lipstick (it was a free gift with order, so they obviously skimped a bit there haha)


Five seconds after I got my hands on it - none of this save-the-paper-for-use-at-a-later-date silliness.

Ooh, pretty black packaging.

Calvin Klein - Delicious Luxury Creme Lipstick - #112 Orange Too. I love this. Strawberrynet pretty much always has a promotional free gift with purchase and at the moment it happens to be Calvin Klein lipsticks. I've been wanting to try orange lipstick for a while now, but have been too scare to pay the money for one in case it turns out to be a disaster. But I love this one. It can be applied either to be quite sheer or to be quite opaque, whichever takes you fancy.


MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation - NW25.  I am also quite impressed with this product.  I've been using it to set my liquid foundation - the light coverage just isn't enough for my problem skin.  I also much prefer this to a translucent powder for reasons I can't quite put my finger on.


Haha, my demonstration of how I place a brush onto a pan, in case you weren't sure.

Elizabeth Arden - Color Intrigue Gel Eyeliner with Brush. Now I haven't tried any of the cult favourites (ie. MAC, Bobbi Brown, Maybelline), so I can't really compare this to other gel eyeliners. But as a stand-alone, I'm really impressed with this product. It applies like a dream, the brush is a nice quality, and the gel itself is quite pigmented and didn't smudge on my lid. Thumbs up, Elizabeth Arden.

MAC - Eye Kohl - Smolder. Eh, I wasn't really impressed at all with this, especially since I always seem to be hearing about it on youtube.  It's okay, but I found it smudged (when I wasn't trying to smudge it) and that is a big negative for me.  I won't repurchase this again, but I will probably use it all up.

And just as an added bonus:


I bought these pants on the day I initially posted this haul...so Wednesday, from Factorie.  It turns out none of my pants fit me at the moment - my maternity jeans are too baggy and my regular pants, well sadly, I have the dreaded muffin top.  The only solution is to buy more clothes. Shame. These are the Baxter Jean and I chose them in the colour Baby Pink, much to my husbands dismay (he just doesn't geddit).  I haven't had a chance to wear them yet, but when I do I'll try to take some OOTD photos, pending the approval of the baby haha.

Hope you're all looking forward to a terrific weekend!  Until next time!

Labels: , , , , ,

Leave A Comment


Newer Posts Older Posts