taryn k.
Profile

My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog.

Layout: vehemency
Email: here
Twitter: here
Bloglovin: here
SHOP TARYN K: here



Archives
Reads

15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style
A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible
All That Exists For Me
Autilia
Buy Now, Blog Later
Dania On The Street
Fashion Toast
Goss Makeup Artist
HRH Collection
Jessica.Hart/Blog
Leflassh
Lisa Eldridge
Little Bits Of Lovely
Llymlrs
Mariannann
ML 3.0
Natasha's Soiree
The Oatmeal
Pink Is The New Blog
Raspberry Jam
Sprinkle Of Glitter
The Sartorialist
Stylizimo
Whitney Port
Who What Wear
Xsparkage
Yellow Brick Home
Zoella

16 January 2011, 11:13 AM

Woohoo, here I go following through on my Nail Files idea.

This week I wore a couple of the polishes from Sportsgirl.  I think these are both from last years collections, but I'm pretty sure most stores still stock them.  I don't mind the consistency of the formula, but I HATE the bottle and and the brush.  I find the wand too long and hard to control and work with.  Brush size is great (I don't like the large OPI brushes, they're too thick for my nails), quite cheap at around AU$7.00 (bearing in mind OPI and Essie are around AU$20.00 in Australia) and the polish lasted until I was ready to remove it, so there are pros and cons.  I have a few other Sportsgirl colours, but these are my favourite two.

First is Concrete.  In the bottle is looks a nice charcoal grey, but on the nail it has a deep blue to it, like asphalt, which I like but always surprises me (because I forget about it every time).  I love that it is opaque in one coat, unlike other dark colours I have (*cough* You Don't Know Jacques *cough*).

Next is Milkshake, which I am still wearing now.  I love this colour - very sophisticated in my opinion.  Like the name suggests, a nice chocolate milkshake colour - I even tested this against the REAL chocolate milkshake my friend ordered when we went to dinner last night.  Again. nice and opaque in one coat - just how I  like it.

And lastly, I wore Essie's Merino Cool for the first part of the week.  I had forgotten how much I love this polish.  I was flicking through some oldish photos on facebook, saw this on my nails and went "OH, that's right! I love that colour!" and promptly reapplied.  It's coming out a little more grey in the photo, there is slightly more of a purple undertone to it than you can see.

So, that's my polishes for this week.  Nothing brand new or fancy, but great colours nonetheless.  I'm on holidays again this week, so I might be posting a little more often that usual, fingers crossed.  My mum is coming during the week to help me paint the living area of our house, so I'll probably be overdosing on Scandinavian interior blogs and sharing my favourite inspirations.
Hope you have a great Sunday!  Talk to you soon :) 

Labels: , , ,

Leave A Comment


Newer Posts Older Posts