|
taryn k.
| |
|
Profile
My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog. Layout: vehemencyEmail: here Twitter: here Bloglovin: here SHOP TARYN K: here Archives
Reads
15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible All That Exists For Me Autilia Buy Now, Blog Later Dania On The Street Fashion Toast Goss Makeup Artist HRH Collection Jessica.Hart/Blog Leflassh Lisa Eldridge Little Bits Of Lovely Llymlrs Mariannann ML 3.0 Natasha's Soiree The Oatmeal Pink Is The New Blog Raspberry Jam Sprinkle Of Glitter The Sartorialist Stylizimo Whitney Port Who What Wear Xsparkage Yellow Brick Home Zoella |
06 May 2011, 5:38 PM
I've been on a bit of a homewares bender the last couple of months - since I wasn't allowing myself to spend money on beauty and fashion items during March and April, I turned my attention to home decor - yay!
Most of these items came from various local boutiques - nothing online, so I can't tell you where you can find them :(
I must admit, most of my inspiration has come from Stylizimo.com - it's no secret I love Nina's taste and the way she has put together her home. I'm even thinking of painting an old side table white tomorrow.
I got this pair of frames only the other day - I love them. You can't really tell from the photo, but the backing is distressed mirrors, which I love. These are also quite meaningful to Joe and I as we visited most of these places together when we went on our 'Eurotrip" in 2006. My dad is coming over on Sunday morning to hang them in my kitchen for me, since I don't own a drill. I really need to get me one of those :)
My new cushions are from Big W and Target. I'd been looking for some knitted cushions like the one of the left since we moved in two years ago, but everything I found was upwards of $100 - Big W had this style for $15, so I was happy with that :) I got two. The butterfly is also a recent addition, only setting me back $14, so they are my bargains. I haven't really had cushions that I've actually liked on my couch at all yet, so I'm a little obsessed with finding the right ones.
I've been seeing versions of these rustic-looking coasters everywhere, for years - I think I even bought my auntie some for her birthday about four years ago. But I loved this design in particular, I think it must be the colour scheme :) So I made them mine.
I bought this clock at the same store as the coasters - it has a storage section in the base, just for extra excitement. I haven't really found a place for it in our current house, but I think of it as a piece for my future, larger, family-type home. It will go in the future, larger, family-type formal lounge ;)
I also picked up these artificial flowers from my local florist last month. I still haven't found the perfect vase for them - they're currently in the gorgeous vase my dad got me for Christmas, which I feel is a little too elegant to be hidden behind the pale blue frame. Speaking of - I found the frame (which came with a cute print of the London underground that I removed) at a new-ish stationary store in the city. I LOVE IT. I also grabbed a smaller white one, but I haven't found a home for it yet. The butterfly was one of the first things I bought when we first moved in. It's been hanging on my bathroom door ever since, but I thought it'd be fun to hang it in the empty frame.
I finally feel like our house is starting to look like a home. It felt so bare for so long - I know it takes time to accumulate these things and to develop a style, but I was getting quite frustrated! There's still obviously a way to go but I'm so happy with the way our home is coming together.
Leave A Comment
Newer Posts Older Posts |