|
taryn k.
| |
|
Profile
My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog. Layout: vehemencyEmail: here Twitter: here Bloglovin: here SHOP TARYN K: here Archives
Reads
15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible All That Exists For Me Autilia Buy Now, Blog Later Dania On The Street Fashion Toast Goss Makeup Artist HRH Collection Jessica.Hart/Blog Leflassh Lisa Eldridge Little Bits Of Lovely Llymlrs Mariannann ML 3.0 Natasha's Soiree The Oatmeal Pink Is The New Blog Raspberry Jam Sprinkle Of Glitter The Sartorialist Stylizimo Whitney Port Who What Wear Xsparkage Yellow Brick Home Zoella |
19 June 2011, 4:52 PM
Hello my dears! I'm not feeling particularly well this wintery Sunday afternoon, so what else is there to do but blog? My latest nail polish haul from Beautyzone2007 came though about a week ago - I've had a chance to try most of them - and I'm excited to show you what I got. Plus, I have a rather amusing fail to share as well.
Skull and Glossbones, Mermaids' Tears, Steady As She Rose, Sparrow Me The Drama, Lubu Heels, Below Deck, Island Hopping.
All the OPI polishes are from the recent Pirates of The Carribean: On Stranger Tides collection, the others are from the last couple of years. I've worn all of them, besides Skull and Glossbones and Steady As She Rose.
I tried Steady As She Rose as soon as I got the package, but with my cuticles as bad as they are right now it looked terrible. So maybe one day down the track when I manage to stop attacking my poor, innocent cuticles I'll be happier with it.
I feel like Sparrow Me The Drama is a bit of a dupe for Essie's Splash Of Grenadine. I'll have to do an actual swatched comparison. I did enjoy that colour though and I got a few compliments. It chipped pretty quickly and was kind of sheer when first applied.
Lubu Heels is AMAZING. I absolutlely love it. It's a black polish with red glitter and it is gorgeous. From far away it looks like a brown shimmer, but when you get up close you can definately see the dimension and the glitter. Reminds me a lot of My Private Jet by OPI. Below Deck is pretty much Merino Cool by Essie, so we already know I love that one. It was opaque in one coat so that was great. Chipped a little bit, but nothing drastic. At the moment I'm wearing Mermaids' Tears.
I love it. I really love the minty green polish trend, but I haven't been able to find a shade that suits my skin tone (I've tried Re-Fresh Mint by China Glaze and Apple by Sportsgirl FYI). MT isn't as minty as the others I've tried, probably more of a spearamint-green-Tiffany's-blue, but I feel like it's within the same family. It actually looks a litt more blue in the photo than it does it real life though.
Now for my nail polish fail. So I bought Island Hopping by Essie. When I already have all of these.
I don't even know which is which, besides Merino Cool and Angora Cardi. I have a problem. *sigh* Labels: China Glaze, Essie, Nail Polish, OPI, Sportsgirl Leave A CommentNewer Posts Older Posts |