|
taryn k.
| |
|
Profile
My name is Taryn. I'm in my twenties. I come from the land down under. I'm married. I work full time. I like pretty things. My favourite food is watermelon. I hate dancing. I like to talk. I tend to contradict myself. I hate snails. I like you for reading my blog. Layout: vehemencyEmail: here Twitter: here Bloglovin: here SHOP TARYN K: here Archives
Reads
15 Steps, Then A Beauty Blog
A Cup Of Style A Knuckle Sandwich Is Not Edible All That Exists For Me Autilia Buy Now, Blog Later Dania On The Street Fashion Toast Goss Makeup Artist HRH Collection Jessica.Hart/Blog Leflassh Lisa Eldridge Little Bits Of Lovely Llymlrs Mariannann ML 3.0 Natasha's Soiree The Oatmeal Pink Is The New Blog Raspberry Jam Sprinkle Of Glitter The Sartorialist Stylizimo Whitney Port Who What Wear Xsparkage Yellow Brick Home Zoella |
17 March 2012, 11:12 AM
As you will be able to tell by looking at the photos below, I've become quite a fair bit more pregnant since you last saw me. I'm just about at the 28 week mark now, so closer to the end than not! I've managed to get away with only buying one specifically maternity clothing item so far, jeans (which I love and are incredible), everything else has either been from my closet, or just purchased oversized from more inexpensive (ie. cheap) clothing stores like Temt.
I haven't managed to take any photos of said maternity ensembles so far because I've been terribly unorganised and it seems to take me quite a fair bit longer to get ready to head out the door.
But! Last night I decided to get myself ready well in advance, mostly because I bought new leggings and shoes yesterday and wanted to blog about them.
Just so were clear, those are not my half marathon medals hanging on the mirror. And I clearly need to clean that mirror.
I was so comfy in this outfit - we were just going to a casual BBQ at a friends house so there was no need for anything particularly fancy. Or heels. I have to say these leggings are fantastic. I know they're not of the 'cheap and cheerful' variety, but they are made of nice, thick, stretchy fabric so they feel like actual pants. The dreaded bum-cheeks visible through too-thin leggings tragedy will not fall upon me whilst wearing these babies. We've all seen that, and we all know, it ain't pretty.
They also have a jodhpur feel about them, due to the panelling across the thighs and calves, which I have found quite flattering. The waistband is also nice and thick, which is great because it doesn't cut into the hips and I imagine will hold everything in on a jelly-belly (which I'm bound to have in a few months after The Child Birth). Oh, and I have cuffed them up in case you were wondering. They are full length leggings, but I thought they complemented the shoes a little better being slightly cropped.
I'm also taking myself and the baby-bump to a 21st birthday party tonight - theme is Uniforms. I cannot think of a more difficult theme for a pregant lady...besides maybe a Pimps and Hoes party. I think I'm going to end up just wearing an AFL footy jersey, my maternity jeans and hopefully some kind of heels. Man, I'm going to look swell (well, maybe swollen would be a better term).
Catch yas!
Labels: Baby K, OOTD, Sportsgirl Leave A CommentNewer Posts Older Posts |